Sunday, March 16, 2008

Princesses on ice were not enough...



So we decided to take Madison to Disney's Princesses on Ice on Friday, March 14, 2008. Before we got there, she was excited. During the performances, she was worried when she thought about the parts of the story that scared her. And after the magic ended, She was upset when we wouldn't buy her an over-priced light toy. She pouted while walking the first block. I threw the crown that came with her $10 cotton candy on the ground. She asked why I did that. I told her that I assumed she didn't want it since she was so upset and it wasn't what she wanted. I then did the same with the Mermaid cup and straw that came with her $12 snow cone. She picked them up...appalled that I would treat her things that way and told me she wanted them. After that she realized that she was happy with what she got. Paul thought I made a scene by throwing her souvenirs on the ground in front of everyone walking by, but I just thought I was making a good Love and Logic situation. What do you think? 

3 comments:

BrookeLynn said...

You already know what I think!!! Good for you. I love Maddie's curls. Could she be any cuter?

Brandi said...

Love it! Way to go, I would have been too chicken, so I am glad there are brave Mom's in the world to do the things I only think about doing! Christine Memmott is trying to get in touch with you, so hopefully I have the right email address! Love the new pics, the curls are gorgeous!!!

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Wow--how did you get Paul to go? Cody was having no part of it. He said that he need some male bonding time with Kale. Cute pictures--I think you handled the situation perfectly. Sometimes you have to make a scene!