Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If you gotta go....


So anytime you go to a third world country, you have to expect that the restrooms are not ideal, but I never expected this.

At the court house on Yaw's adoption hearing, I had to go so bad. Vivian scoped out the building to find the restrooms and came back and slyly reported that she had found the place, but that she didn't think I would want to use it. 

Wow! I was glad that I had a bottle of water, a bottle of shampoo, hand sanitizer, and kleenex. I was also glad I wore a skirt because I found out that when you pee on cement it splashes. I had to wash my shoes!

I came back giggling and saying "I just peed in a hole." I was so entertained that I kind of forgot that I would be getting a son officially in a little while. 

The funny thing is that that was not the worst place I had to go. The worse was at the birth certificate building (same town) It was an actual room with stalls and toilets, but no water. and the place looked like a storage room with stuff everywhere. To top it of a dead roch was in the place. (I hate those things)

To be fair to Ghana, I did find 3 very nice restrooms in Africa. The Rhapsody restaurant, Captain Hook's Restaurant and my own!

No comments: