Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Birthday Present

I am really quite impressed with my husband this year. Maybe I should back track to last May...Mother's day! I wanted an iPod docking station for my hand me down iPod. I was so sure that Paul would buy a practical, but inexpensive one. (past experiences have marred my judgements) Maybe we should talk about that for a moment for his sake. Honey! really my first birthday we shared together was well "beary" interesting. Since then things have improved greatly due to the specific list of items with Brand names and places you can find them. 

But back to the iPod docking station...I was surprised when he bought a really good one. Since then I have been in awe that my gifts have been well thought through and researched. Research proves to be the most important factor in the improvement of gifts. 

And now for my birthday gift. I have wanted to make compost since researching it in AZ. We didn't have the right ingredients on our 8 acres of desert to be successful at this delicate science. I tried and failed. I have wanted to try my hand at this ever since moving to property that actually has grass and trees. I have been looking for a composter that was affordable/acceptable to present to Paul for consideration. I found two that I was willing to compromise on, but due to Paul's new found love of really pleasing me for holidays he researched products and Bought me the VERY BEST for my birthday.

And that is what makes 11 years of marriage fun, exciting, and new. All of a sudden, you can be happily surprised with a simple change of person that makes you fell special and important all over again. 

9 comments:

BrookeLynn said...

Happy Birthday, I'm glad it only took 11 years for you to get what you really wanted, apparently there is hope for me in 2 years. I'll have to come and check it out, BTW Mom and Dad Rollins are coming by today. Love you.

Stephanie said...

I am glad that you told what that thing was. It looked like an air conditioner to me at first but then what would I know. I am thinking that making compost would be good for me. See I can't keep anything alive so at least I could make something out of the dead stuff. By the way congratulations on your WW loss. I am proud of you. Getting close to the $1000 shopping spree huh!!

Rob and Bri said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I have no idea what that thing is or what you would do with it, but I'm glad Paul got you what you wanted. Thanks for inviting me to your blog. It's always fun to get to know family better, especially because we don't see each other much. Congrats on losing so much weight! I wish I could. I totally agree about the cake mix cookies. But, is cake better than cookies? Anyway, I'm excited to be your blogger buddy!

The Calderwood Chronicle said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! Like Stephanie, I'm glad you finally told us what that was... I was thinking fancy fountain machine. Compost machine is much more practical. That's something my sister would love too. Way to go Paul!

Friendofflash said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes you all. It was much better than what I woke up to on that day. Dang Dog and her rolling in crap (literally).

Unknown said...

I'm really not sure what to make of this post. Should I feel happy or should I feel like a major loser. Hmmmmmm. Not quite sure where you're going with this one.

a little chat with pat said...

I thought a UFO landed in your backyard. You do know you actually have to fill it with something???? to get to the compost??? Sounds like more project than I'm up to these days. (You know you're old when you just want to BUY the compost) But I'm proud that you are becoming a little farm girl. We actually used to compost in Montrose when we lived up on Juniper road. Remember the huge garden? I loved it but it was a lot of work, which you children remind me. Picking the rasberries, weeding the strawberries (that turned into playing in the mud) weeding the garden. Goooood Timmmmmeeees Love, Madre

Friendofflash said...

Dear Publius, Here is where I am going with this. Remember when we lived in VA and for your 27th B-day you wanted me to try really hard to give you a thoughtful gift. (Which is totally out of character for me) It took me two months just to think and another to actually buy your gift which was lame because I had no idea what to get you and you wouldn't help me. Did that gift really matter to you in the scheme of things. No because you wanted thoughtfulness. I don't want thoughtfulness. I want practical, useful, and necessary. And you are so kind to put aside your love language of thoughtfulness and use my love language. So two points for you if you can remember what gift it was that I gave you. AND Three points if you drop a hint of what you may WANT not need for your Birthday. I need to start thinking now.

Unknown said...

I don't want anything.